ONE TV Asia
Just Pick ONE 'Watch & Win' Contest
By sending an entry and therefore participating in Just Pick ONE 'Watch & Win' Contest ("Contest"), each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules ("Official Rules") and to be bound by any decisions made by ONE TV ASIA (the "Channel") including any interpretations of these Official Rules.
In order to enter, each participant must agree to the Official Rules and enter the Contest website at www.ONEtvasia.com/JustPickONE, and:
- Submit the code of the week, which is available when participants tune in to ONE during prime time from 5.40PM to 11.59PM (GMT+8);
- Indicate which category they wish to submit the Contest entry for. The categories are:
i. Drama Mama
ii. K-Pop Fanatic
iii. Couch Potato
- Submit their full name, contact number, e-mail address, location of residence, and residential address; and
- The participant's answer to the question set forth below:In no more than 50 words, tell us whether you're Team K-Drama or Team K-Variety and why?
All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules within the Contest period to be eligible. Participants can submit more than one entry throughout the entire duration of the Contest period, but will be entitled to win one prize only. Multiple entries with the same answer to the contest question will not be considered.
The contest begins on September 10, 2018 at 5.40PM (GMT+8) and ends on October 7, 2018 at 11.59PM (GMT+8).
The Channel reserves the right to disqualify any entry without prior notice for any reason, including but not limited to, if the Channel is notified or made aware that such entry is a repeated entry, violates the rights of any person whomsoever or is not in compliance with these Official Rules or any government regulations.
From the eligible entries with the correct code of the week, a designated representative of the Channel in Singapore will select one (1) Grand Prize winner for each of the 4 categories; and thirty (30) Consolation Prize winners across all of the categories based on the originality and creativity of the participant's answer to the Contest question.
All winners will be announced on or before November 7, 2018.
The assessments, decisions and selections of the Channel's representative shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Contest.
The Grand Prize winner of each of the following categories is eligible to receive:
Estimated Total Value
*The performer, location, date, time and category of concert tickets will be determined by the Channel in its sole discretion. The K-Pop concert is likely to be held before July 1, 2019. The Grand Prize winner for the K-Pop Fanatic category and his/her guest shall be responsible, at their sole cost and expense, for all travel arrangements between their point of origin in Singapore or Malaysia and the location of the concert. Use of the concert tickets is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the concert promoter. The concert is subject to concert promoter's schedules. If the concert is canceled, rescheduled or, if for any reason, the Channel is unable to provide the visit to the concert or if the Grand Prize winner cannot attend the concert on the date specified by the Channel, the Channel shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner and guest.
**The Grand Prize winner for the Jetsetter category ("Jetsetter Winner") and his/her guest shall be responsible, at their sole cost and expense, for all travel arrangements between their point of origin in Singapore or Malaysia and the departing airport of the applicable city. The Jetsetter Winner and his/her guest must travel on the dates specified by the Channel, which is likely to take place before July 1, 2019. All reservations for the Grand Prize of the Jetsetter category shall be made in the Channel's sole and absolute discretion. The Jetsetter Winner and his/her guest must participate in any interviews, recordings, photography sessions and/or any other promotional activities required by the Channel.
Each Consolation Prize winner is entitled to receive one (1) ONE goodie bag (worth USD$50 each).
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Singapore or Malaysia.
- By sending an entry and therefore participating in the contest, each participant is deemed to have agreed to the Official Rules and to be bound by any decisions made by the Channel including any interpretation of the Official Rules.
- Participants can be of any age. Participants below 18 years old as of the start of the contest must seek consent from his/her parent or legal guardian ('Guardian') prior to participating and each Guardian who provides such consent must, in addition, warrant and undertake that he/she is the legal guardian of the participant, that he/she will comply with these Official Rules, and that he/she will ensure that the participant complies with and performs the participant's obligations under these Official Rules. Each Guardian agrees to provide such warranty and undertaking in writing where requested by the Channel.
- Employees, agents, branches and promoters (including their immediate family members) of SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd., and its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the contest, are not permitted to participate in the contest.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of entries due to any delay or interruption, failure or overload caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced or postage-due entries. Entries are void if illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Where the Contest requires the participant to submit any content, by sending a submission, each participant agrees to the following eligibility requirements:
- No submission shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, the sponsors of this Contest, the Channel or any of the Channel's affiliates;
- No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party's name, logo, trademark or service mark in any submission or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any submission;
- The participant has received permission from any person whose likeness appears in the submission, or from such person's parent or legal guardian if such person is under 18;
- No submission shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated content, or be invasive of another's privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- No submission shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- All rights in and to the submission (excluding references to the sponsors of this Contest, if any, the Channel or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant prior to submission to the Channel.
- The Channel may, for production, marketing and/or broadcasting purposes, take and use photographs, videos or audio recordings of the Contest winners. By participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, each participant hereby grants to the Channel, its affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and the Channel's authorized designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as "Use") the submission (if applicable), and the participant's name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, appearance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying the participant's Contest entry, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the Contest, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Channel, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by the Channel consistent with these Official Rules.
- The Channel reserves the right to amend any of these Official Rules at any time without notice to participants and without any liability whatsoever, as well as to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest at any time with no prior notice.
- Each prize winner will be informed by telephone or email. Each prize winner must confirm acceptance immediately with the Channel. If the Channel does not receive an answer from a prize winner within one (1) day after initial contact is made by the Channel, except when such period is extended pursuant to local law or the Channel's sole discretion, such prize winner may be disqualified. If a prize winner is disqualified for this or any other reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Official Rules, then the first alternate will be selected instead, as will each of the subsequent alternates until all selections have been made. The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives will use their best efforts to contact prize winners but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if prize winners cannot be reached by telephone or email within the one (1) day period. Prize winners do not become official until all entries are validated. All decisions of the Channel are final and irrevocable.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged, and by no means will a cash equivalent be given, except that Channel reserves the right, in Channel's sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component. Only a prize winner and not any other person or agent, may claim a selection. Prize winners will need to present proof of identification in the event of selection.
- Awarding of the prize(s) for the Jetsetter and the K-Pop Fanatic categories shall be conditioned upon the winner and his/her guest signing an Indemnity and Release of Claims form if and as provided by the Channel, which shall release the Channel and any other applicable Contest sponsor of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by the Channel may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- This Section shall apply to the Grand Prize winner of the Jetsetter category only. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to insurance, taxes, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages and gratuities are responsibility of Grand Prize winner and guest. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel must be completed on dates specified by the Channel or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Specifics of the Grand Prize travel package are subject to the Channel's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of the Grand Prize trip will be furnished with prize notification. Travel must be made in accordance with the Channel's directions and notifications. The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents.
- All selections will be made pursuant to these Official Rules. All taxes in connection with selections are the sole responsibility of each prize winner, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
- The Indemnified Parties (as defined hereunder) make no representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, fitness for any purpose or non-infringement.
- Each participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all Contest sponsors, if any, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or connected with, or claimed to have arisen, resulted from or be connected with: (i) the participant's submission, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the Contest; (ii) submission and/or Use by the Indemnified Parties of any submission (and/or any parts thereof); (iii) the participant's failure to comply with any one or more of the Official Rules or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) the unauthorized use by the participant of, as applicable, the name, likeness, voice, work product, brand, trademark, logo of any person or entity; (v) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation (including, without limitation any eligibility-related representation) or covenant made by the participant in connection with the Contest; (vi) acceptance and/or use of any prize, if any; (vii) any right or benefit granted by the participant to the Channel in connection with the Contest; and/or (viii) the participant's negligence, willful misconduct, violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Official Rules, or his or her violation of any third party's intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right.
- Participants release the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to choice of law principles. All actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to this contest, the breach thereof and/or the scope of the provisions of this section shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the "SIAC") for final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be held in Singapore, in the English language, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. Prior to the appointment of the arbitrator or for remedies beyond the jurisdiction of the arbitrator, the Channel and/or SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd. may seek equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore or such other court that may have jurisdiction over the participant, without thereby waiving its right to arbitration of the dispute or controversy under this paragraph.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
- Please forward any questions or comments regarding the contest to the following address:
SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd.
10 Changi Business Park Central 2